Animals that are unbelievably awesome.
Animals that are unbelievably awesome.
Sebastian Stan in Heitor Dhalia’s Gone (2012)
Hmm, I just reblogged it from another site, but I think I can help you in terms of what to buy and how to do it. If you click the link, it’ll take you to the complete photo post that shows you what you need. In any event, here’s the list:
- Nail polish
- Floral wire, a thin bendable wire is ideal. 26 Gauge is fine.
- Floral Tape
- Wire cutters/scissors
- a pencil or cylindrical object to wrap the petals around
- Ribbon (optional)
- First, you’re gonna need to make the crown. You can do this by using the wire you already have or you can use an old headband or anything that you like that resembles a headpiece. Thicker wire is also fine for this step. As you can see, OP twisted two pieces of wire together and left loops at the end (to attach the ribbon). Then they covered it in brown floral tape.
- The second step is to make the flowers. Using your pencil/cylindrical object, twist the wire around it to create a ‘petal’. Repeat this until you have at least a couple of petals. 3-6 is usually fine, it’s really your call.
- SLIGHTLY bend the petals back to create a natural looking petal.
- After you are satisfied with the shape of your petals, cut out your flower, leaving some wire left to attach it to your crown.
- Repeat the first few steps and make the rest of your flowers.
- Take one of your flowers and CAREFULLY apply nail polish to it, one petal at a time. Think of it like making bubbles. It may be easier to pour the nail polish in a flat plate and dip it, or dip the entire flower into the polish.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- Twist the two ends of your flowers together to form a ‘stem’.
- Wrap the stems with floral tape, preferably with the same color you used in the base of the crown.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- The third step will be attaching the flowers to your crown. You can do this a few ways. One way is to wrap the stems around the crown. Another way is to just wrap the stems with floral tape as you go along, like the OP did.Do this until all your flowers have been attached to your crown.
- At this point, you can tie the ribbons to the loops like OP did, or decorate it any other way you like. :)
Enjoy your new floral crown!
- You can purchase most of the items in Walmart, Michael’s or any craft or flower store. You can also order it online. :)
- REMEMBER, this tutorial is just a guide. If you don’t want to use brown floral tape or if you prefer using the green floral wire, don’t be afraid to change it up. You can use any color or material your heart desires.
This is the link to the DIY Floral Crown post.
Sorry for replying late. I hope this helps you with making your own crown. :)
holy shit this nail polish thing is so clever! 8O
This would be an amazing way to use up old nail polish…
Bart: Haha! See what I did there with the “run”?
Rare Character: $110
We’re not afraid of requests outside of what we have listed on our Heroes and Heels shop on Etsy! When one customer wanted a pair of Thor-and-Loki mismatched heels, we were happy to make her a pair! These unique shoes battle it out, good vs evil, green vs red, brother against brother, right on your feet!
This sort of request can be made under the Rare Character option. Under this option, you can request either a special pairing or a harder-to-find character to cover your heels! Fan of Steve and Tony? Superhusbands heels! Fan of Janet van Dyne? Winsome Wasp heels! And if you’re a fan of Loki and Thor, you can let us know about your specific request in the “Notes” on your order, and soon you’ll be stepping out in your very own pair of heroic and heinous heels!
*whispers* If you wanted superhusbands heels, this is the option you would use to request them~~~
And if you sent us in your OWN shoes to work with, it would only cost 80 buckssss~~~~
Maybe start thinking about ~~Christmassssss~~~~
Guess who only drew 10 pages for this zine? THIS GUYYYYY. EYYYY…
So this is my part of the zine that I did with pilot-star. We each did half of the book (I put in some sketches to fill things out), and honestly this is one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. I’m not a comic artist… though I’d like to get better at it. So here’s my stab at a starbucks comic.
These will be on sale at Otakuthon (Montreal) and Anime Revolution (Vancouver, table 49) the weekend of Aug 22! After that, you can find them at Fan Expo in Toronto the next weekend!!! We would really appreciate the support if you came by to grab one!!!